The Hearing Company specialises in supporting audiometry practices with professional audiometry training, equipment and advice.
Our customers range from small businesses through to major corporations in the industrial, mining and health sectors.
You’ll find our course graduates practicing audiometry throughout Western Australia and beyond, in many organisations including: BHP Billiton, Rio Tinto, Kinetic Health Group, Redimed, Barrick, Newmont, Sonic Health Plus, International SOS, FMG and Alcoa.
The Hearing Company’s Principal Occupational Audiologist and primary course lecturer is Glenn Johnson.
Glenn draws on over 20 years experience as a clinician, educator and consultant. After spending a number of years in clinical practice Glenn’s interests evolved into understanding the effects of noise and other hazards on hearing, particularly in the occupational/industrial environment. His knowledge and passion in this area continues, and is clearly evident in our training courses and interactions with our consulting and equipment customers.
Glenn’s formal qualifications include:
- Graduate Diploma of Audiology – university qualified hearing specialist
- Noise Officer (former) – measurement and analysis of environmental noise
- Certificate 4 in Assessment and Workplace Training
- WorkCover WA government-approved trainer and course provider
- WorkCover WA government-approved audiologist (full accreditation)
- Audiological Society of Australia, full member
- Australian and New Zealand society of Occupational Medicine – associate member
- National Hearing Conservation and Association – Professional Member
- Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists – Associate Member
Glenn offers considerable depth in teaching experience, having designed and delivered training in a wide variety of contexts and locations including: Australian and international universities, country health services, offshore oil rigs, indigenous communities and large health and industrial corporations in Australia and overseas.